Our comprehensive, stress-free home buying process
At Benchmark Homes we want the home buying process to be as stress-free as possible for you. That’s why we’ve created what we believe to be—the most comprehensive warranty procedure around. After the purchase of a new Benchmark home, you’ll receive:
- a thorough home orientation session before you move in
- an outline of the construction process
- a guide for the maintenance of your home and property
- service products and warranty information
- an emergency procedures list and a contacts lists
First year service requests
You can rest assured that within the first year of ownership, Benchmark Homes covers defective work under our extensive warranty program. Our homeowners are encouraged to fill out a 30 day, 6-month and 11-month request-for-service forms for anything that falls under the HPO Performance Guidelines.
Simply fill out your Service Request Forms, which are included in your Homeowner Manual, and scan to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 604.514.7521. It’s that easy.
A ten year warranty program
We realize that buying a new home is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. That’s why all Benchmark Homes are protected by a 10-year warranty program provided by Travelers Guarantee. This comprehensive coverage is approved under B.C’s Homeowner Protection Act and is currently a leading provider of surety products for the residential building and development industry in Canada. Utilizing the experience and knowledge of a dedicated group of underwriters and field staff, Travelers Guarantee focuses on the risk evaluation process while working to develop and maintain strong relationships with the building community.
The warranty includes:
• 2-Year Materials & Labour Warranty
• First 12 months – coverage for any defect in materials and labour
• First 24 months – coverage for any defect in materials and labour supplied for the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning delivery and distribution systems
• 5-Year Water Penetration Warranty
• 10-Year Structural Defects Warranty