Adventure seekers…the Squamish life is calling!
Nestled in the Coastal Mountains of British Columbia, Squamish is the adventure capital of Canada. Within minutes you can ride up a gondola, rock climb, hike and depending on the season, snowshoe or ski. With such easy access to the mountains and ocean, it’s no wonder why our province is known as beautiful British Columbia.
Squamish is just a 50-minute drive from downtown Vancouver, making it the perfect adventure spot with your closest friends…hello day trip or weekend getaway! With so much to do right at your fingertips, it’s no surprise that the Squamish real estate market is equally as exciting. Maybe you’ll be among the thousands of people who fall in love with the town that you’ll even consider moving into one of our newest communities,Ravenswood.
To help you plan your next trip to Squamish (or even help you envision yourself living there), we’ve curated our top five must-see destinations to include in your next visit.
Visit the Ravenswood Show Home
- Ravenswood is more than just your average real estate development. These homes embody the natural surrounding of Squamish and feature all of the essential elements for premium living. Ravenswood is a community that offers three and four bedroom single-family homes with warm West Coast style and room to grow.
- We truly believe that your home should reflect where you are, who you are, and what you believe in – so if an active, outdoor lifestyle is what you crave, stopping by our new showroom is a must on your Squamish itinerary! Hop in your car, take a short drive and embrace a new adventure by visiting our Ravenswood show home today!
- Towering above Squamish, the Stawamus Chief is one of the most talked about rock climbing and hiking destinations in North America. This family-friendly hike has three peaks that provide easy access to some of the most breathtaking views you could ever imagine. It’s a rock climber’s paradise with hundreds of multi-pitch crack climbing routes and granite walls that will keep even the most advanced rock climbers challenged.
- If hiking isn’t exactly how you like to express your adventurous side, it’s still a hot spot, because who doesn’t need a great new Instagram picture? These views will make your favourite Instagrammer jealous! Outdoor adventurers, nature lovers, and social media enthusiasts…the Chief is made for you so, lace up your hiking boots and get exploring!
- Dine, shop and play. Is there anything else needed for a weekend away? In Squamish’s vibrant downtown core, you’ll find everything you need within walking distance from one another. Downtown Squamish’s main street is lined with flower and coffee shops, boutiques, restaurants, the Squamish Public Library and Howe Sound Brewery. Quiet, lively, and community-driven downtown Squamish is unique in every way possible. The best part? You don’t have to deal with big city crowds…bonus!
Sea to Sky Gondola
- If you still crave adventure in the colder (and rainier) fall and winter months, the Sea to Sky Gondola is perfect for you. The year-round outdoor excursion includes hiking trails, panoramic views, dining and multiple viewing platforms. The 10-minute ride to the clouds takes you above sea level with breathtaking views of the Howe Sound and coastal mountains. At the top, you’ll find three main viewing platforms: the Summit Lodge Viewing Deck, the Chief Overlook Viewing Platform, and the Spirit Viewing Platform. The views are breathtaking! Don’t forget to head into the lounge for a hot drink or cold beer before you head back down
Murrin Provincial Park
- Murrin Provincial Park is known for its swimming, picnicking, hiking, fishing, and rock climbing. It’s the perfect place to head to for a family hike or a walk with your beloved four-legged friend. Once you’re done breathing in the mountain air you can access Petgill Lake Trail from the parking lot as well! The Trail is just over 11kms and offers incredible views of the Stawamus Chief, Howe Sound, and the rest of Squamish. With a little something for everyone, it’s the perfect spot for your next family fun day!
- Squamish is a playground for those who are hard-wired for adventure, redefining the very essence of work, life, and play. It’s an active community that is deeply rooted in nature and adventure and just happens to also be home to some of North America’s most scenic terrain.
What are you waiting for? Your weekend getaway is planned with the itinerary above. Have another must-see spot? Tell us your favourite spots to visit in Squamish in the comments below!